Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Little Sheet Music

If you've enjoyed some of the composers I've profiled so far through the blog, I highly recommend checking out this relatively new site, New Musical Theatre, a place where you can order sheet music directly from many of the composers I've talked about. All you have to do is find your music, pay online, and then download/unlock your sheet music right on your computer.

With many of these composers, I've seen more of a grassroots approach to promoting shows and material, and I fully support this site's outreach to people who would like to perform their work. So, if you're in the market for an audition piece or just want to gather around the old keyboard and belt out some tunes for your friends (...or your cats, who am I to judge?), then head on over and do a little shopping.

After all, who wouldn't want to belt out a little "Blue Hair" by Joe Iconis at a recital:



Or drown your sorrows by doing a rendition of "Like Breathing" by Pasek and Paul:



Or inappropriately serenade your teacher with "What I Wouldn't Do For You" by Ryan Scott Oliver:

No comments: