Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I will lead them home...

I am starting to get really antsy counting down the days to Rated RSO at Joe's Pub on Monday. So, still high off of Eric Michael Krop's angelic voice from last night's concert of Bunked!, I am holding my sanity together by watching the new videos Ryan Scott Oliver uploaded to his youtube channel. The one I'm particularly obsessed with at the moment is Eric singing "Odyssey," not only a gorgeous piece (especially when the ensemble kicks in), but also an incredibly visionary journey enhanced by RSO's unique musical styling.



Both the 7:30 and 9:30 shows for Rated RSO on Monday are already sold out, but if you don't have tickets, I also highly reccommend getting over your sorrows by checking out my other favorite composer Joe Iconis playing his amazing tunes and -- hopefully -- providing some charmingly awkward banter in between (for free!) at the New York Public Library at 6 as a part of John Znidarsic’s Songbook Series. Joe Iconis and Ryan Scott Oliver in one day? Don't say I never gave you nothin', because an opportunity like this, in my opinion, is pure musical theatre gold.

No comments: