Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

And the winner is...

Congratulations to 'Unknown,' who is the randomly selected winner of a voucher for 2 tickets to see Godspell on Broadway! Email me for confirmation and your prize! Thanks to everyone who participated with some great responses.

Here was our winner's favorite Blaemire tune:


"I'm gonna go for 'Open Road' from Glory Days. The progression from longing to tentative hope to exhilaration is so spot-on for youth.

Also, this lyric: I got into my car, what a lousy piece of shit, but I didn't care 'cause I just needed to try.

That line tends to get lost in the beginning, but man-o, it gets to me every time. I don't really know anyone who rode through their teens/early twenties with the smooth, fine-tuned engine of perfect grace. It's all been, or at least for me it's been: what a noisy, bumpy, inconsistent ride, but still, what a ride.

So yeah, Open Road."

No comments: