Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sitting Poolside

So I know I haven't been updating as frequently as I'd like, but there's a lot of great content and updates on the way in the near future, rest assured. In the meantime, I just wanted to pop in briefly to share some videos from the musical Pool Boy with music and lyrics by Nikos Tsakalakos and additional lyrics and book by Janet Allard, which recently finished a run at Barrington Stages. The premise is pretty great: Pool Boy tells the story of an aspiring musician who takes a job poolside at the Hotel Bel-Air for the summer, where he is seduced by the glitz and glam of the rich and famous. These clips come from an Ars Nova event last year and feature Kate Ferber, Nick Blaemire, Josh Segarra, and Cassie Wooley. Here are just a few of my favorites, but a whole slew of these clips can be found at Nikos Tsakalakos' youtube channel.

The title song "Pool Boy":



"She Swims":



"Background":

No comments: