Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fellowship!

Sure, 2012 is the year of The Hobbit (and how cute is Martin Freeman in Sherlock right now, am I right??), but lately I've been loving some of the songs from Fellowship! The Musical Parody of 'The Fellowship of the Ring' (book and lyrics by Kelly Holden-Bashar and Joel McCrary, music and lyrics by Allen Simpson). Lovingly and hilariously parodying J.R.R. Tolkien's classic tale of hobbits, elves, and dwarves (oh my!), I've heard great things about this musical since a friend saw it at NYMF in 2010, and there was a recent private reading in November in LA. Watch the trailer below, and watch a performance of "I Always Thought" to hear the song that's been stuck in my head as of late (it's like a "For Good"... but a lot more specific):


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Also the more you read other depress releases, the better you will get at inscription your own. Just like singing music, writing press releases takes perform. People normally believe what they read regarding bands on sites like The Scenestar or The Music Slut.
http://www.onthebroadway.com/cheap-broadway-tickets/Elf.php