Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh No, Performers Coming Into Audience

Just had to share that I had a hilarious moment tonight seeing My Boyfriend Is A Zombie at Theater for the New City that had me laughing all night to myself because it reminded me of this Onion article. I think my intense discomfort from actors going into the audience stems from an incident as a kid seeing a Halloween parade go down the aisle at a play adaptation of Lyle, Lyle Crocodile put on by Honolulu Theater for Youth.

Perhaps the most fitting quote from the article?

"Oh, man, are they? Shit," one audience member was overheard saying as the energetic ensemble began filing down previously unseen stairs and past the front row. "Shit, shit, shit."


Also, on a completely different note: I love, love, love that Kerrigan and Lowdermilk will be doing an impromptu performance tomorrow at 6 at the Lincoln Center steps. If I wasn't going to be cooped up at work, I would be enjoying the sun and awesome music. Follow their twitter here to get the latest updates on the line-up. Looks like with all the concerts going on, this is going to be a new musical theatre kind of weekend!

No comments: