Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Gadget

As you can see (or at least I hope to God you can see it, as I've been spending the last hour or so playing around with the html), I have a new little calendar going in my sidebar that I hope will be a nice way of sharing upcoming concerts and events that are on the horizon and feature composers mentioned on this blog. Most of them will take place in New York, but I will try to post about anything else I hear about in other parts of the country or the world where I can. I'll also try to actually mention as many of the events as I can in blog posts-- but I figure this is an easy way of keeping track of them all. Feel free to click on them and get more details if you're intrigued. Unfortunately, I can't afford to go to all of these, but I will write reviews where I can and hope you can get out there and see as many as possible! Also, if you have any ideas of upcoming events or have a reading you'd like me to add to the calendar, feel free to leave a comment or email me (you can find my email through my profile).

Other than that, I leave you with this haunting, beautifully belted song from the new musical Nicholas & Alexandra by Ryann Ferguson and Steven Jamail with Aimee Postell. Ryann and Steve are also the creative team behind Vote! The Musical, which had performances in last year's Fringe Festival in New York. I've been wanting to post this spectacularly sung performance of "Love Will Stay" by Autumn Hurlbert for a while now, but it seems like the video is finally back up after being deleted by a hacker. Enjoy!

2 comments:

littlewow said...

wow, thanks for posting this, Kim! I just saw it! You're too kind. Glad you like. Boo to hackers.

Kimberly Lew said...

Hi, Ryann. Thanks so much for stopping by! I was so glad to see the video up back up and remember being so happy the first time I found it, since "Love Will Stay" was definitely one of the standouts at last year's Composer Exposure. Hope all is well and thanks for sharing your music through these videos and clips!